Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turning Japanese... I think I'm Turning Japanese

Reasons why I am turning Japanese...

1. I prefer to eat with chopsticks (I eat much slower this way and get full faster)
2. I love green tea more than coffee
3. I wear headbands with bows/flowers that Damian says make me look like a local
4. I eat white rice and miso soup for breakfast and think it's normal
5. No shoes in the house!
6. The word "yes" has left my vocabulary... I only say "hai"
7. I got my hair cut to look more Japanese... thick bangs!!!!
8. I buy clothing at Japanese stores and try to copy the looks I see when I'm off base... key word is TRY...
9. I prefer to shop at Japanese grocery stores as it's always an adventure
10. I've mastered driving on the left side of the road and parking Japanese style...


The video I posted is the song "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors and was a big hit in the early 80's... I too was a BIG hit in the early 80's so I felt this was an appropriate video to post on this blog!!! This song actually has nothing to with "turning Japanese" but is actually about a guy who is crazy in love!!! hahaha I however am crazy in love AND am actually turning Japanese ;) enjoy!


Japanese Word of the Day:
Irasshaimase (ear-rah-shy-mah-say): It means "welcome" and is always said when you enter a store or restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment